If you are in the US and interested in buying a figaro from The Figaro Shop, or, you have a Figaro in the US and would like us to restore it, then the process might be easier and cheaper than you realise.
Here we have compiled a list of the steps, paperwork, and associated costs that will guide you through, so you can smoothly navigate the export process.
- Documentation Required: You will need to gather several essential documents. Here is a list of key documents you or agency must prepare:
- Bill of Lading: This document serves as a receipt of shipment and provides details about the car being exported.
- Copy of Passport: A valid copy of your passport is necessary to prove your identity during the customs clearance process.
- Copy of Vehicle Document: You will need to provide a copy of the vehicle’s title or registration document, which proves ownership.
- Completed NHTSA Form HS-7: The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) requires the completion of Form HS-7, which declares compliance with U.S. motor vehicle safety standards.
Shipping Charges: Shipping a car from the UK to the USA involves transportation costs, which can vary depending on several factors, including the type of shipping method, the size of the vehicle, and the chosen shipping company. On average, shipping charges can range from $1000 to $1,500. We usually use AutoShippers they are easy and reliable company.
Import Documentation and Customs Requirements: Upon arrival in the USA, your vehicle will need to clear customs. To facilitate this process, ensure you have the following documents and information available:
- Bill of Lading: The original bill of lading is required by the customs authorities to confirm the arrival and ownership of the vehicle.
- Copy of Passport: The customs officials will need to verify your identity using a copy of your passport.
- Copy of Vehicle Document: The original title or registration document is required to prove ownership of the vehicle.
- Completed NHTSA Form HS-7: Ensure that you have accurately filled out and signed the NHTSA Form HS-7 to declare compliance with U.S. safety standards.
- Duty and Taxes: When importing a car into the USA, you may be subject to certain duties and taxes. The duty rate for importing vehicles is typically 2.5% of the vehicle’s value. Additionally, you may be required to pay state and local taxes, depending on the regulations of the specific state where you plan to register your vehicle.
Conclusion: Exporting a car from the UK to the USA involves a thorough understanding of the necessary documentation, shipping charges, and customs requirements. By following the steps outlined in this guide and ensuring you have all the required paperwork in order, you can simplify the process and avoid potential delays or issues during customs clearance.